Peace and Protection forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Authorizing for Dcc
blayze

[*] posted on 30-11-2008 at 15:17
Authorizing for Dcc

Currently I am using mIRC 6.35. When I authorize someone for dcc automatically it does not work. Is there a fix for that?
craze
Deceased

[*] posted on 2-12-2008 at 11:58

Short answer: I'm unaware of any known issues with authorization, and presumably unaware of any fixes for it.

Long answer:

I've known DCC as one of those things where everything has to be right for anything to work. In this case, I'm not sure if it's the authorization or DCC itself that misbehave. When doing my own limited testing, I get an "Ignored DCC" message for those without authorization while a DCC window opens normally for those authorized. In other words, somewhat unable to reproduce any issues with it as far as Peace & Protection goes.

I get "unable to connect" when the DCC chat opens however, but that is usually caused by issues with the one that is trying to DCC:
- Incorrect IP in mIRC's Local Info when using local area network (Needs to be outside IP, as seen from Internet)
- DCC ports not forwarded from gateway/router/modem to client machine in local network.

Any details would be helpful in determining what's malfunctioning and how to make it work. Nothing happens whatsoever? Error messages? Other symptoms used to determine it's not working? Steps taken to get there?

if ((you tried a solution from these forums) AND (no one else has verified it)) { Please comment if it works. }
- WildCraze, using mIRC v7.52
blayze

[*] posted on 2-12-2008 at 16:31

It won't accept the dcc from the authorized user. I have to manually accept it and then it will send the file. No errors or anything. It just doesn't work at all.

[Edited on 2-12-2008 by blayze]
craze
Deceased

[*] posted on 2-12-2008 at 19:27

Have the PnP Options been considered? mIRC may, depending on settings, still ask what do with a file once it passes the PnP authorization too? Just a thought :-)

[Edited on 2-Dec-2008 by craze]

if ((you tried a solution from these forums) AND (no one else has verified it)) { Please comment if it works. }
- WildCraze, using mIRC v7.52
blayze

[*] posted on 9-12-2008 at 05:11
*sigh*

I reinstalled both mIRC and PNP and the dcc authorization worked for a while but now it has quit working again. I have all the settings set correctly.

Go To Top