Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Whois formatting error
Nchalada

[*] posted on 14-8-2015 at 02:37
Whois formatting error

Greetings PnP

I'm getting a formatting error when doing a whois on anyone using the last 2 versions of mIRC and PnP 4.22.3 and .5.

My settings window :
Code:
http://i.imgur.com/wcKNbX5.png

The output I'm getting

Code:
-=Fri=-=10:16:54=- *** ········································ -=Fri=-=10:16:54=- *** Nchalada is not.here@<redacted>.net.au -=Fri=-=10:16:54=- *** Nchalada is «Nchalada» -=Fri=-=10:16:54=- *** Nchalada on irc.choopa.net «60 percent of the time it works every time» -=Fri=-=10:16:54=- *** Nchalada at Australia; is using a secure connection; xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx actually using host -=Fri=-=10:16:54=- *** Nchalada on #ezcooking -=Fri=-=10:16:54=- *** Nchalada idle 1 min 47 s, signed on «14/08/2015 -=09:44:43=-» -=Fri=-=10:16:54=- *** ········································

I'm not certain if mIRC is ignoring the sttings in PnP, or if something was broken by mIRC in the last 2 versions of it. It's been working the correct way for so long, I've just noticed it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Nchalada
craze
Deceased

[*] posted on 15-8-2015 at 19:21

Which setting in particular are you thinking of?

Lining up remaining lines is supposed to work by displaying those nicknames in the same color as background, if that's the issue. Since v7.0 mIRC no longer allows text being hidden in this fashion.
Quote:

88. Added check for foreground/background colors in control codes in
text. If they are the same, the foreground color is changed to
ensure the text is visible.

In case you refer to the part saying
Code:
is using a secure connection; xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx actually using host

the issue is not version specific, and will occur with any combination of mIRC and PnP as long as that information is sent from the server. All unhandled /whois lines is gathered in raw format on one line, as well as country lookup if that feature of Extra addon has been enabled.

if ((you tried a solution from these forums) AND (no one else has verified it)) { Please comment if it works. }
- WildCraze, using mIRC v7.52
Nchalada

[*] posted on 16-8-2015 at 13:24

Quote: Originally posted by craze  
Which setting in particular are you thinking of?

Lining up remaining lines is supposed to work by displaying those nicknames in the same color as background, if that's the issue. Since v7.0 mIRC no longer allows text being hidden in this fashion.
Quote:

88. Added check for foreground/background colors in control codes in
text. If they are the same, the foreground color is changed to
ensure the text is visible.

Thanks craze, I see now. That explains it.
Before I was using mIRC 6.something, hence the formatting question.

It kind of sucks that that changed, because it doesn't look anywhere near as neat anymore.

Cheers

Nchy

Go To Top